Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Wondered If They Were Shy Or Scared

12 midnight, I went to the streets near a University. I am in a sidewalk where people were watching a movie. I was standing there while observing my soroundings. There were four of us standing, two were sitting and four are lying down on a piece of carton.

I was more interested with the street kids lying down than watching the movie and wanted to caht with them. The oldest (about 14 years old) of them was standing from time to time. It seems that he was waiting for someone, i think.

When the movie ended, they stand up and walked to the downtown direction. I called the oldest one and asked if Jin is his friend (Jin is a Street kid in the area). He answered NO. I asked him if he wants to eat a burger? He did not answered, he just sat on the gutter where the burger machine while the others kept on walking. I told him to call his friends and he ran to his friends. I waited for a minute while talking to a friend whose ordering a burger. My friend asked me if I am going to buy them burgers? I said, it is the least i can do.

When my friend left the burger machine I noticed that the street kids did not came back. I watched where they are going and they are very far already. I wanted to shout at them to come back but its too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment