Friday, July 17, 2009

HAVE A HEART? PLEASE DON’T READ THIS!

This my first blog and I wanted to be sane as I wanted to be and to anyone whose heart is as not as callused as mine.

More than 6 years i have been traveling in major cities in the Philippines. As I have traveled day and night I can always see these kids, whose hearts are so innocent and pure. I can see them everywhere I go and they are always on the streets.

At daytime, I can see their dusty smiling faces. As usual, I can sense that my heart is smiling yet crying upon seeing them. Smiling because their alive and happy regardless of the behaviors we are treating them. Crying because I can feel and believed that somewhere in their smiling faces-there is something excruciating that their tears will flow on their faces without making any sound. May I ask you, have you cried without making a sound?

At night I can see them sleeping on small pieces of carton. I always watch their faces closely and I can see they are so precious and beautiful. And I wonder how they can bear the cold during nights and what if there is rain. I wonder how they managed that.

My feeling of compassion for them is great and sometimes I feel like vomiting. But after that it will be just like a normal day. Sometimes I ask myself why can I still sleep at night knowing their situations. And I also wonder how the Filipino government officials and mainly the religious people can sleep at night? Yah! i know! its because of the soft bed, hi tech airconditioner, huggable pillows and silky bedsheets.

I thought you said you are for them. Some of these kids are right at your church door sleeping or you are now hiring security guards to keep them away? I really wonder how your lifestyle affects them.

I am realy sorry that I am blaming you. I hope you do not have this blaming attitude like me. I know we are human, capable of making mistakes, capable of letting these children to suffer from sickness, capable of letting them sleep on the streets.

Let us be human, let us change to be good, a good government, a good pastor, a good priest, a good nun. Let us be a good human. And let us open our churches, our barangay halls and our hearts so that they will have somewhere to go at night.

2 comments:

  1. While reading your post it really touches my heart,Nice thought and good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the passion in u..basin ma missionary ka mon!

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete